The exchange will let you purchase EOS tokens through a popular coin such as Ethereum or Bitcoin. You will also need a software or a cold wallet to store your tokens in a safe manner. Once you have reached the point where you believe that you need to sell the EOS coins, How to buy EOS you can do so with ease. The US crypto exchange is well-known for its user-friendly platform Coinbase through which new crypto investors gain exposure to the volatile asset class. Its Coinbase Pro variant is more suited to institutional clients and experienced traders.
No matter where you buy and sell your EOS, you will most often be charged fees of some kind. EOS is not as prevalent on these marketplaces as Bitcoin and finding someone who is willing to sell you EOS via this method is a challenge. If you think about it, cryptocurrencies like EOS were invented to provide a better means of transferring value digitally. It’s really up to the individual to decide the payment method that suits them best. A wrong address, an extra zero or an incorrect key can result in a lot of heartbreak. Avoid trading on exchanges with a level of complexity where you feel out of your depth.
Step 2: Come Up With An Investment Plan
You can reduce these fees even further if you wish by using Binance’s digital currency, Binance Coin. If you prefer to use FIAT currency such as USD, GBP, or EUR, Binance allows you to fund your account using your credit/debit card through their payment partner, Simplex. However, it’s wise to be aware that Binance will charge a fee of 1.8% if you fund your account using this method. EOS, like many other cryptos, tends to be thought of as high-risk investments. Yet there are some features of EOS that make it stand out, providing additional reasons to consider buying it.
- In this guide, we demystify the platform and its functionalities.
- However, Dogecoin critics believe that value will trump social media frenzy in the long run and EOS is expected to move up the ranks.
- EOS is a “Do It Yourself” platform for running decentralized apps (similar to Ethereum) that has gained a lot of attention lately due to its $4 billion ICO and key figures.
- Cryptoassets are highly volatile unregulated investment products.
- Firstly, EOS blockchain technology is entirely free to use – they do not charge any fees for transactions made on their network.
- This is dependent on what payment methods your broker supports.
Ideal payment methods should support GBP natively and while not all platforms allow deposits in GBP, these are the methods you can easily use to buy EOS in the UK. There is also a risk of rug-pulls, blockchain attacks, and wallet hacks. These are technological risks that involve an attacker hacking a crypto’s blockchain network or your wallet and usually ends with funds getting stolen. Crypto can be used as a long-term store of value, especially those with a finite maximum supply, like EOS.
Minimizing Your Risk With Crypto Investment
There are also deposit/withdrawal fees to think about when signing up to an online broker. For instance, Coinbase actively charges clients 3.99% for all transactions completed using a debit card. You can buy EOS with a credit or debit card on a crypto exchange like Coinbase or Coinmama. You’ll need to create a EOS wallet (an account) and get it approved before being able to buy.
However, it could be argued that no blockchain is quite as primed to take a leading role in this industry as EOS. You can also buy EOS with Paypal at eToro – much like you can with other e-wallets like Skrill and Neteller. Using Paypal will ensure that you can invest in EOS safely and instantly. You can enter any amount you like – as long as you meet the minimum of $25.
Tips to Buy EOS
Once the EOS tokens hit your wallet you’ve successfully completed the process of buying EOS. Kraken is known for being relatively easy to register, and for offering comparatively low fees. However, its performance has recently suffered during peak trading times. If you’re not ready to spend some money on a hardware wallet you can use free software wallets to store EOS. Exodus is an excellent multi currency wallet for Windows, Linux and Mac. EOS wallets work a bit differently than most cryptocurrency wallets in the sense that they have two private keys – An owner key and an active key.
Uphold is a regulated brokerage platform, so all users have to undergo KYC (know your customer) provisions to acquire an account. Start by signing up for an account (here’s a guide on how to do it) and verifying your identity. To do that, visit Uphold.com and click on https://www.tokenexus.com/ the [Sign up] button on the top right of the home page, then provide a valid email address and strong password to secure your account. EOS is the native cryptocurrency on the EOSIO blockchain, which was launched in 2018 by Block.One, a brainchild of Daniel Larimer.
The price of EOS is very fluid and is indirectly proportional to that of Bitcoin. EOS falls under the highly volatile category and can witness massive up and down even within a 24-hour duration. This means that it can rise a good 20% and close the day in a negative.
- In fact, this is the best place to buy this token at the moment but you should make extra effort to buy instantly with GBP on Binance.
- The Repeat feature on Uphold enables the platform’s users to set up automatic buy, sell and exchange orders executed at regular predetermined intervals.
- Below that is a [Duration] tab through which you can set up how long you want your order to remain active as you await the asset price to rise or fall to your desired level.
- Featuring disruptive technology and super-fast transaction speeds, EOS is one of the most talked-about cryptos this year.
- In addition to EOS, eToro also allows you to invest in a wide range of other digital assets – so you can easily diversify.